Writer – Lists, Tatler Asia (Malaysia / Philippines)
Writer – Lists, Tatler Asia (Based in Malaysia / Philippines)
Reporting to the Editorial Director and Editor, this position requires the successful candidate to contribute to the establishment of the newly formed Tatler Asia Lists Department across all platforms including print, digital, live and hybrid events.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong writing and editing background, a curiosity about influential people and their work, and a wide range of interests including leadership, impact, sustainability, lifestyle and more.
As part of the founding team of Tatler Asia’s Lists Department, this role will function on a regional level but will require the candidate to work closely with the local teams in each of the markets where the Tatler Asia Group operates. The writer will be based in-market but will report to the editorial director and editor based in Singapore.
- Work with the editorial director and editor to establish the key product of the Lists Department: Asia’s Most Influential (AMI) on print and digital
- Research and write accurate copy for the AMI 2021 digital profiles spanning various markets
- Help organise the findings, write-ups, photos and other materials for the AMI 2021 profiles
- Working with the local Tatler teams, ensure that the profiles are kept up-to-date and accurate
- Produce interviews, trend stories and more on print, digital and social, in collaboration with department leads and local teams
- Represent Tatler Asia in interviews, in-house events, press/advertiser trips and events, as well as relevant industry events
- Work with the entire Tatler Asia team to strengthen the Lists department via marketing and event initiatives
- University degree, preferably with study abroad experience
- 2-3 years of experience in media or journalism, with a business or lifestyle focus
- Strong research and writing skills, with a focus on digital media
- Excellent communication skills, especially writing and editing
- Excellent command of English; Additional Asian language (Chinese, Bahasa, Filipino, Malay, Thai) a plus
- Thorough understanding and experience in the region, especially cultural nuances
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work independently while being a team player
- Solutions-oriented, positive, can-do attitude
Interested parties please send your full resume with expected salary to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who are not invited for an interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only