Regional Business Controller (Hong Kong)
Tatler Asia is recruiting for a Regional Business Controller to oversee regional business accounting operations and growth strategy. The role will be responsible for all business and management accounting aspects of Tatler Asia Group.
The successful candidate will combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of commercial and business accounting and principles to be a strong business partner, and to support execution of the regional growth strategy.
- A genuine business partner with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Confident presenting within and outside of Finance and able to talk to non-finance stakeholders; should have previous experience of collaboration with Board Members and Senior Management Group
- Commercially focused with the ability to see the bigger picture coupled with advanced analytical and scenario planning skills.
- High level of initiative, motivation and attention to detail as well as strong organisation and project management skills. Proficient in time and task management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and help manage the quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and strategic planning process.
- Provide and coordinate weekly and monthly management reporting and prepare the regional consolidation, including variance analysis and commentary
- Analyse regional revenues, pipeline and gap analysis and planning.
- Monthly analysis of variable costs analysis with the aim on improving and growing margins, and enhancing product profitability
- Work closely with the Regional Financial Controller for the timely preparation and review relevant monthly balance sheet reconciliations and support of the audits
- Help develop, enhance and monitor performance reporting of relevant metrics, including progress and milestone reporting of key projects
- Prepare and coordinate the delivery of scenario analysis, support on regional projects and ad hoc queries.
- Work closely with the CFO and commercial teams to review and recommend pricing and discount strategies for new and existing products
- Support execution of the regional growth strategy including preparation of investment cases and business validation frameworks
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of an Accounting qualification or related discipline with a recognised accounting qualification, preferably CIMA or similar qualification.
- 8 years+ relevant experience
- Experience of ACCPAC and Salesforce an advantage
- Good command of written and spoken English, and Mandarin
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to maintain high levels of accuracy
- Detail-orientated and able to excel under pressure to tight deadlines in a dynamic and changing environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize multiple tasks at one time and to identify issues proactively and in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use initiative to find alternative ways of solving problems
- Ensure accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting and analytical tasks
Location: Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
Interested parties please send your full resume with expected salary to the HR Department via email, email@example.com
Tatler Asia, the leading luxury media company in Asia, celebrates its 45th anniversary this year. Its mission is to build, inspire and empower Asia’s most influential communities through the power of unparalleled storytelling, iconic brands and innovative technologies. Tatler is present in seven markets across Asia and is owned by Lamunière family.
For more information, visit https://tatlerasia.com/
Applicants who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Tatler Asia is committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company — and we welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.