Gen.T Editor (Shanghai)
Editor, China, Generation T
Generation T, Tatler Asia’s platform for young entrepreneurs and leaders, is looking for a China editor to join its regional editorial team.
The China editor will be the content, community and product lead for Generation T in Mainland China. Reporting to Generation T’s Regional Editorial Director, the editor will be responsible for developing and executing content strategies, with a heavy focus on events, digital and social media, to develop the brand, new products and grow audiences. The editor will also be a brand ambassador and help to develop and maintain a community. The editor will also play a key role in supporting the commercial team.
- Develop and execute an editorial strategy aligned with the brand’s vision and goals, with a heavy focus on events, digital and social media channels.
- Develop and grow an engaged community of influential young leaders.
- Launch new products and initiatives in support of the above goals.
- Drive the vetting and selection of the China honourees on the annual Gen.T List.
- Project manager of the Chinese edition of the annual Gen.T magazine.
- Develop compelling and unique content that can grow the brand’s audience organically.
- Use data to inform and iterate the content strategy.
- Collaborate closely with sales and other brand divisions to develop and execute sponsorship opportunities in editorial content.
- Host and moderate panels, talks and workshops as needed.
- Represent the brand in front of consumers and commercial partners and at consumer and trade events.
- 8-10+ years of experience working in media or communications.
- Native Chinese speaker. Strong, near-fluent command of written and spoken English.
- Experience in launching and driving new initiatives.
- Experience in creating compelling branded content.
- Ability to turn out pristine copy and require minimal to no sub-editing
- Usage of and creation of content for digital and social media platforms must be second nature.
- Strong project management and organisation skills.
- Can demonstrate good work ethic; collaborative; open-minded.
- Positive, can-do attitude. Can demonstrate grace under pressure.
- Comfortable working independently and highly resourceful.
- Sociable, highly personable, good networking skills.
- Good public speaking and moderation skills needed or must be willing to learn on the job.
We offer attractive remuneration and fringe benefits to the right candidates. Interested parties please send full resume with expected salary to the HR Department via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org