Digital Content Director (Hong Kong)
This role is responsible for ensuring the editorial quality of Tatler’s digital platforms, including the website and e-newsletters, along with working with the Social Media Director to oversee the quality of all social media channels. This important role will inspire the digital team, and drive content strategy through analysis, determining which content verticals should be developed and how. The role will work hand-in-hand with the company’s commercial teams to ensure the commercial viability of its digital products and work proactively to develop commercial ideas (with digital revenues one of the KPIs). The role will also work hand-in-hand with the product development team.
The role will manage a team of editors, writers and freelancers in Hong Kong across the region, and be responsible for the overall function of the editorial department, as well as producing high quality original content for the digital platforms. As Hong Kong plays the role of regional HQ, the role will naturally have a regional remit, ensuring that relevant content is shared efficiently to all Tatler platforms across the region and that all best practices are shared and implemented across the markets.
- Ensuring content for all digital products are produced on schedule by setting KPI, content calendar, deadlines and monitoring progress and statistics.
- Responsible for the editorial budget. Ensure tight management of costs.
- Ensure traffic numbers and engagement – and all other key metrics – are in line with company expectations.
- Drive audience development and development strong content verticals.
- Working closely with sales to create monetized content ideas, such as native advertising and 360 campaigns, in order to ensure revenues are maximized
- Liaise with print teams to ensure consistency with all Tatler branded content
- Liaise with regional digital teams to ensure content efficiency is optimized and best practices are shared
- Oversee the management of any freelance writers, videographers, illustrators and bloggers from HK and around the world who contribute content
- Strong knowledge of SEO and digital publishing, with at least five years’ experience in relevant field
- Experience working in fast-paced lifestyle media
- Creative thinker with strong copyediting and writing skills
- Familiar with data analytics
- Experience with managing a team. both locally and regionally
Location: Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
We offer attractive remuneration and fringe benefits to the right candidates. Interested parties please send full resume with expected salary to HR Manager, email@example.com
Applicants who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.